top of page

Frequently asked


  • How do I request items from other libraries?
    If you are looking for an item that is not part of our library's collection, you can go to MeLCat and search/request items from other Michigan libraries. A link to the website can be found on our navigation menu under "I want to..." or here: A note: items may take several weeks to arrive from lending libraries.
  • Help! What do I do with my overdue checkouts?
    No worries! During the early phases of our Phased Service Plan, overdue fines will continue to be waived. However, patrons may now return items via the outside or inside drop boxes.
  • How do I renew my items?
    Patrons may renew their checkouts online. If you need assistance in renewing items, please email the library. As always, we are happy to help.
  • I can’t log into OverDrive. What do I do?
    Chances are your library card needs to be renewed. Please phone, email or visit the library to verify your name and current address. We will get you back online in a jiffy.
  • How do I sign up for a library card?
    Per Library policy approved May 17, 2021: Library cards will be issued free of charge to any resident of Clinton Township or individual who maintains residency outside the township limits but pays taxes on real or personal property within the township. Resident library cards expire three (3) years from the date of issue. Manchester District Library service residents: Resident library cards will be issued free of charge for Manchester and Bridgewater township residents who reside within the Manchester District Library district and who hold a valid Manchester District Library card. School district/Non-resident card: Students of the Clinton Community School district, regardless of township of residency, may be issued a non-resident library card free of charge, to be renewed annually upon proof of continued enrollment in Clinton schools. Teachers of the Clinton Community School district will be issued a non-resident library card free of charge, to be renewed annually upon proof of continued employment with the Clinton Community Schools. Other Non-resident card: Persons living outside Clinton Township who do not otherwise qualify for library privileges may obtain a non-resident card. A per-family charge will be assessed annually by the library board as published on the library website. ISSUANCE OF LIBRARY CARDS A library card will be issued upon completion of a signed registration form. A parent or guardian must sign the application form for a child under 18 years of age. A parent may pick up a minor child’s card. Proof of residency is required. Appropriate proof may include: Driver’s license Current utility bill State ID Voter registration card Lease agreement Property deed Current tax receipt Checkbook with name and address imprint Lost cards will be replaced for a charge. Expired cards are replaced free of charge when old cards are presented. In order to renew a library card, all patrons must produce identification and must clear all outstanding fines and bills. Parental signature is not required for children who are renewing cards.
bottom of page