Founded in 1937, the library is funded primarily by the taxpayers of Clinton Township and is supervised by an elected six-member Library Board. The library was moved to its current location in December 1990. The collection comprises 35,000 books and audio-visual materials. Computers with high-speed cable Internet access are available for public use. WiFi is available within the library.
It is the aim of the Clinton Township Public Library to provide materials which assist patrons to:
Educate themselves continuously
Develop creative abilities
Appreciate art and literature
Enjoy leisure time
To this end the Board of Trustees of Clinton Township Public Library endorses the statements of the Bill of Rights of the American Library Association:
Library Bill of Rights
As a responsibility of library service, books and other library materials selected should be chosen for values of interest, information and enlightenment of all people in the community. In no case should library materials be excluded because of the race or nationality or the social, political, or religious views of the authors.
Libraries should provide books and other materials presenting all points of view concerning the problems and issues of our time; no library materials should be proscribed or removed from libraries because of partisan or doctrinal disapproval.
Censorship should be challenged by libraries in the fulfillment of their responsibility to provide public information and enlightenment.
Libraries should cooperate with all persons and groups concerned with resisting abridgment or free expression and free access to ideas.
A person’s right to use a library should not be denied or abridged because of origin, age, background, or views.
Libraries which make exhibit spaces and meeting rooms available to the public they serve should make such facilities available on an equitable basis, regardless of the beliefs or affiliations of individuals or groups requesting their use.